iPhone Adapter...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
In a few months, or at least until after the new iPhone is released, I plan to upgrading from my 3GS. The only extras I have is a car charger. Which I don't use very often. But I do from time to time. It's comforting knowing I have it. I'd hate to drop another wad of money on a new charger just because the 5 has a different charging port. And I think Apple charges too much for an adapter. Can anyone suggest an after market product/company for my car charger that won't ask for my first born? One that really works? I've heard some stories about after market products for Apple. Most not good.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'd get yourself one that has a usb port rather than a fixed cable. That way it'll work with the cable that came with the device and somewhat future-proofs it.

I've always had griffin powerjolt or gear 4 car adapters, never had issues personally.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
I have the auto charger unit, a cable with USB on one end and Apple's 30 pin connector on the other end. It works well with my 3GS. I'd much rather use the set-up I've got now for the car and just get an adaptor for the old 30 pin to new iPhone 5 port. I leave the car charger, cable and all, in the glove box. I don't want to move the cable that will come with the new phone. I leave it at the house. Anything like that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Just get a second lightning cable and carry on using the same car charger

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
I'll give that a try when the time comes.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I have the auto charger unit, a cable with USB on one end and Apple's 30 pin connector on the other end. It works well with my 3GS. I'd much rather use the set-up I've got now for the car and just get an adaptor for the old 30 pin to new iPhone 5 port. I leave the car charger, cable and all, in the glove box. I don't want to move the cable that will come with the new phone. I leave it at the house. Anything like that?

There is a 30pin to lightning connector available. It's even Apple branded (it works OK)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.