PDA

View Full Version : Not staying logged in

toMACsh
04-24-2013, 02:17 PM
On this Dell at work, I have to log in now (to the forum). I never had to before. Not only that, when I post, I discover that I'm logged out again. I don't see a check box to keep me logged in, thus I never unchecked it.... ?

Raz0rEdge
04-24-2013, 02:37 PM
The server was going through some date/time issues that required people to login a lot of times and posts to appear in crazy orders..

I'm not seeing those issues today, but this might be related..

If you are logged out and see the Username/Password boxes, there should be a checkmark for staying signed in, are you not seeing that?

toMACsh
04-25-2013, 02:06 PM
I logged out to look, and yes, there is a "remember me" box I guess I was overlooking. I've checked it now, so let's hope that fixes this annoying logging out stuff.

Nope.
After posting, I still had to log in again. Now, I also hit the Mark As Read button, then noticed I was not logged in.

chscag
04-25-2013, 03:23 PM
We were having those problems some time ago but hasn't repeated itself, at least not here on my end. The problem was with the forum software and not anything the user could do except to keep logging back in. A real pain at the time. Let us know if you're having the same problem when at home and on your Mac.

pigoo3
04-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Everything's normal on my end.:)

- Nick

cwa107
04-25-2013, 11:01 PM
I logged out to look, and yes, there is a "remember me" box I guess I was overlooking. I've checked it now, so let's hope that fixes this annoying logging out stuff.

Nope.
After posting, I still had to log in again. Now, I also hit the Mark As Read button, then noticed I was not logged in.

Sounds like your browser isn't setting cookies for some reason. Check your browser config. If this started recently, and resetting the browser to factory defaults doesn't do it, it could be that your IT department pushed out some kind of group policy to prevent cookies from saving.

toMACsh
04-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Let us know if you're having the same problem when at home and on your Mac.
Nope. Never happened at home.

Sounds like your browser isn't setting cookies for some reason. Check your browser config. If this started recently, and resetting the browser to factory defaults doesn't do it, it could be that your IT department pushed out some kind of group policy to prevent cookies from saving.
Well, our office moved last week, and corporate IT guys were here messing things, er, I mean hooking things up. They did upgrade to IE10 then got their wrists slapped and restored IE9. But, I was having this issue at the old office on IE9 as well.

Anyway, just dropped in as usual at lunch time, and I was still logged in. Go figure.