how to get outlook for mac or better app??

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

I run a MBP 13 with Numbers, keynote etc and have office home for when I need excel, or word. I have a new client thats wants me to use outlook for email. I went to Microsoft and you cant download Outlook you have to buy the $200 office pro instead although I already own office home (from december 2012). Of course another reason why mac apps are better.

I want to keep this email separate from my mac mail. Is there a way to get outlook only or is there a good app that I can purchase that my client will be ok with (will run like outlook for security reasons etc ???)

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Have to purchase the package.

If it is a matter of maybe losing a client go with Office 2011 ~ it is a first class suite.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can only buy Outlook separately in the Windows version. So if you're willing to run Windows on your Mac, you can run Outlook. The Mac version of Outlook leaves a lot to be desired anyway since it's a version one app. (Don't confuse it with Windows Outlook which has been around for years.)

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks. I wasnt going to install parrels and windows. I figured there was an app out there that can do just as good as a job?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You might want to take a look at the free Mozilla Thunderbird mail client. It also includes a NNTP news reader and reply client. If you're planning on using Outlook as a PIM, Thunderbird is not a good substitute then. But since Thunderbird is free you might want to give it a try. Download LINK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.