Looking for: Spell checker for browser.....

Reaction score
I used to use a little program on the PC that would allow me to right click in a text box in Internet Explorer and choose "Check Spelling".

Does something like this exist for Mac? This is the only thing I miss :)

OP
PromoPunch
Reaction score
P.S. I would like it to work in Safari and/or Firefox. I am trying to stick with Safari for the scripting support but I am a fan of Firefox.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
In Safari, choose Edit > Spelling > Check spelling as you type.

There are spell-checking plugins for Firefox, too; Google them.

OP
PromoPunch
Reaction score
technologist said:
In Safari, choose Edit > Spelling > Check spelling as you type.

There are spell-checking plugins for Firefox, too; Google them.

Hi there,

All of my spelling options are greyed out in Safari. Could I be missing something?

I am still getting used to the fact that Mac's "Just work". I run around alll day looking for ways to make programs do things and it's usually built right in.

Be easy on me, I just switched from a PC 3 days ago. :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You have to actually have "focus" on a text field. Click in one (like the one at the bottom of this forum) and then select "Check as you type."

T

topshot

You can right click on a word that is in a text field to check it's spelling. You can also look it up in Dictionary. Also, Press CMD+CTRL+D and keep CMD+CTRL held down and move your cursor over a word. The dictionary definition will be displayed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.