PDA

View Full Version : FeedBack on the new forum look . . .

TattooedMac
04-19-2013, 11:37 PM
1st i want to say thanks for the hard work all the Admin, I.M.O.G. and the Moderators for the advancements we are getting here in the forum.

IT LOOKS GREAT :)
I love how now we have the Link Buttons to New Thread, Search this Thread and Subcribe to the Thread at the top of the Thread. Its one less click to get to them, but I'm sure this will be a lot better for the newcomers to the forums, and them not being familiar with the way the forum works, can now easily subscribe to there own thread, or others to find where they have posted. Well done.

NOW one thing that has me baffled, ?!?!? I'm in a thread, and i want to use 2 0r 3 Posts in my reply. Before i could Add posts as i went down as i read them, and the last one i wanted to add i used the Quote button, and i got all the added posts and the Quoted Post in my reply box.
Now there is only a Quote button and the arrow. I press on the Arrow and it takes me to the Reply Box for a Quick Rply to the post i pressed it in, BUT doesn't Add the quote from that post for me to answer too so no-one knows I'm replying to that post.
I hit the quote button and yes, that adds the post in the reply box so i can reply to that Post . . .

So am i missing something ?? How do i get multiple Post's in the reply box so i can reply to all of them without having to Quote every post and then have 4/5/6 posts in a row ??
Does that make sense ? If not ask and ill try to explain it better.

But all in all its looking good and are these changes being made coming from the Survey we just did ??

cradom
04-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Not to butt in here but found something odd. Normally my screen looks like the pic on the right. Just in this thread it looks like the pic on the left.
Strange. Otherwise the place looks great!

RavingMac
04-20-2013, 09:56 AM
That's interesting!

I'm getting the blue text in the Messages header myself while in this thread. Haven't seen it anywhere else.

You have sharp eyes, I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out.

cradom
04-20-2013, 01:39 PM
OK...now I get a flash of text at the top of the screen which ends like this...
Something weird going on here.
BTW: Firefox 20, 10.8.3

TattooedMac
04-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Any answer form Admin on my query about getting multiple Posts in my reply box ????

Yes cradom I'm getting all that you say as well in this thread as well as a blue shade around the Quick reply Message box. See image.
In any other thread/forum I'm normal but for some reason like all the other quirks in this thread, this is happening ??
Thought i would add this so Admin can have a look at it.

Cheers

Im using 10.8.3 on Safari 6.0.4

TattooedMac
04-21-2013, 12:49 AM
And another quirk is my text is different font and size of my usual Forum Size and type.

bobtomay
04-21-2013, 08:11 AM
We've chimed in to related to the multi-quote button - it's the weekend, so...

cwa107
04-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Any answer form Admin on my query about getting multiple Posts in my reply box ????

Yes, Matt (I.M.O.G.) is experimenting with the forum skin. We have an ongoing discussion with him where we've reported the issues you and others have noted. Stand by, we'll get them all resolved, I'm sure.

dtravis7
04-21-2013, 01:29 PM
OK...now I get a flash of text at the top of the screen which ends like this...
Something weird going on here.
BTW: Firefox 20, 10.8.3

I have seen this on a couple of threads at the top like there is a Wrong line of code there. Thanks Cradom, I though at first I was seeing things! It's showing at the very Top Left in the Gray area where the header is.

chscag
04-21-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm getting the same thing Dennis. It should go away once the new skin is up and running. Looks good so far.....

TattooedMac
04-21-2013, 11:01 PM
We've chimed in to related to the multi-quote button - it's the weekend, so...

Yes, Matt (I.M.O.G.) is experimenting with the forum skin. We have an ongoing discussion with him where we've reported the issues you and others have noted. Stand by, we'll get them all resolved, I'm sure.

Thanks to you both for answering me. And to Matt as well, as it looks like he is putting some major work into the the new skin :)

Are we getting new skins everywhere ie.: Mobile/iOS Skin too ??

cwa107
04-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Are we getting new skins everywhere ie.: Mobile/iOS Skin too ??

I don't know that answer, though I have been very vocal about my dissatisfaction with the current state of the mobile skin. I've been told that iNet has experimented with Tapatalk on some of their forums. It is my hope that it is introduced here as well, since the internally developed version seems unable to scale to suit the needs of our members.

TattooedMac
04-22-2013, 12:33 AM
I don't know that answer, though I have been very vocal about my dissatisfaction with the current state of the mobile skin. I've been told that iNet has experimented with Tapatalk on some of their forums. It is my hope that it is introduced here as well, since the internally developed version seems unable to scale to suit the needs of our members.

Thanks for that Chris and the support towards TapaTalk.
I know some Mod's and the other Admin ;) haven't got a lot to say about TapaTalk but it has come a long way, and i love using it now for the RC Heli forums i now regular. It is well layer out and it is so easy to navigate compared to the iOS Skin we have going here. I revert to the Normal View and put up with pinching Zoom in to navigate, but TapaTalk is really enjoyable to use.
I did see earlier someone asking for a Poll for the TapaTalk for this forum, but personally i don't think enough people do the polls to get a true result, but there is enough threads/posts of people asking about it, and i do believe it should be for what the Community/Members want not what 1 persons wants for the forum.
I understand that yes it isn't our forum but we do do the surveys to ask for improvements and I'm sure TapaTalk should be one of those improvements, especially if its coming from the members :)

Cheers mate

Brent

cwa107
04-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Multi-quote is now available again.