iPhone 5 Image Retention

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 5 64gb, iPad 2 16gb,15" MBP Core i7 2.2ghz Sandy Bridge, 8GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 6750M 512MB
Hey guys,

I just got my 5 about 14 days ago exactly. I've already purchased AppleCare, and I'm going to the Apple Store on the 18th to get it replaced... but I'm just curious to know if anyone else is having this problem:

On my iPhone's screen, the Verizon logo at the top left, the bars behind it, the clock, the percentage on the battery, the battery icon, and my keyboard all leave a ghost on my screen. It may be 2-3 minutes at a time in order for it to happen. I just noticed it the other day when I was showing some vacation pictures off.

Any ideas of what could be the cause in order to prevent future problems?

Thanks guys

Alex.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
It doesn't seem to be a big problem, but does seem to be a little problem out there.
I would return it and ask for another one if it annoys you that much.

Some call it Ghosting and others Screen Burn In, but one solution i saw was turn it off for a while turn it back on and if its still there return it.
In other forums (Everyone is a expert) some say its Software problem because of the new screen, they CANT get Ghosting/Burn In then others say that they can.
Im not a expert but if it persists and it annoys you can't hurt to take it back and see what they say. . . .

Cheers

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 5 64gb, iPad 2 16gb,15" MBP Core i7 2.2ghz Sandy Bridge, 8GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 6750M 512MB
It doesn't seem to be a big problem, but does seem to be a little problem out there.
I would return it and ask for another one if it annoys you that much.

Some call it Ghosting and others Screen Burn In, but one solution i saw was turn it off for a while turn it back on and if its still there return it.
In other forums (Everyone is a expert) some say its Software problem because of the new screen, they CANT get Ghosting/Burn In then others say that they can.
Im not a expert but if it persists and it annoys you can't hurt to take it back and see what they say. . . .

Cheers

Thanks for the response! Yeah, it's doing it on everything now, I even changed my appointment to today, because it's bothering me that much! It's even doing it on the home screen icons :( Which makes me upset!

No worries tho, Apple shouldn't have a problem replacing it.

I'll keep you guys informed on what goes on!

Wish me luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.