Having Trouble installing windows 7 on bootcamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The problem is this.

I have a windows ultimate 7 disk image, i burn it to dvd in disk utilities. I then go to bootcamp assistant to set it up, i have the drivers for windows 7 on my snow leopard installation disk so i don't need to download any software.

I insert the dvd i burnt the disk image to and click begin installation.

The macbook restarts and a black screen comes up, and it stays like this for a few minutes and then a message comes up ''no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key'' and stays on this screen..

The other thing is there is no second bootcamp drive when i hold down option at restart and its not showing in startup disk either but it does show on the desktop so it is there.

I uninstalled NTSF-3G, and other drivers like it because i red they could be causing it, but no joy! Im stuck, can anyone help me?

I really need this to work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Is it .dmg file or .iso? I believe in order to install the way you are doing, it would need to be .iso. You can change the extension by clicking on the file and opening info (command+i). Manually change the .dmg to .iso and close info.

OP
S
Reaction score
Is it .dmg file or .iso? I believe in order to install the way you are doing, it would need to be .iso. You can change the extension by clicking on the file and opening info (command+i). Manually change the .dmg to .iso and close info.

It is already an .iso

I read here about it Mac OS X boots to “No bootable device — insert boot disk and press any key” | BriCode

While this is similar to my problem, the difference is my mac starts up fine, its only when i go through bootcamp assistant and go through the installation process that.. nothing happens and i get that error message.

The details of my Bootcamp in utilities

Mount Point : /Volumes/BOOTCAMP Capacity : 50.76 GB (50,763,661,312 Bytes)
Format : MS-DOS (FAT32) Available : 47.22 GB (47,216,787,456 Bytes)
Owners Enabled : No Used : 3.53 GB (3,534,454,784 Bytes)
Number of Folders : 0 Number of Files : 0

It says no owners enabled? Could this be something

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Where did the Windows 7 Ultimate Disk Image come from? If it was purchased from the Microsoft store, it should have downloaded as an executable which when run becomes an ISO which can in turn be burned to DVD. It sounds like you have a bad disk image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Core i7 2.3ghz retina-MacBook OS 10.9.1
1. Buy a flash drive
2. Run bootcamp and point it to the Windows .iso.

Bootcamp will format your drive, put the image on the drive, and download drivers pertinent to your device. Then it asks you how much you want to partition. Give it 60 gigs or so.

Burning an .iso to a dvd isn't what you want to do. You want bootcamp to create a flash drive for you.

edit: let bootcamp put the drivers on for you. latest and greatest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.