Parallels and bootcamp drivers question

Reaction score
Ok this is my first post so be easy on me. O:)

So, I partitioned my drive and installed Windows 7 successfully through bootcamp, however, I did not have my Snow Leopard install disc... :Angry:

Then I decided to take a different route and use Parallels Desktop 7.

Now, I want to boot Windows 7 by itself but do not have the drivers from the SL install disc.

In a nutshell I need to know if it is possible to:

a.) use the drivers that parallels uses when I boot windows only

or

b.) use windows in parallels (where windows is fully functional) and directly install the drivers to windows 7 and then reboot in windows only and have it also be fully functional

or

c.) any other options where I don't have to use a OS X install disc

Thanks in advanced if you even decided to read this far ;D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
a.) use the drivers that parallels uses when I boot windows only

No, not possible. In order to use the drivers supplied by Parallels, the virtual machine has to be running.

b.) use windows in parallels (where windows is fully functional) and directly install the drivers to windows 7 and then reboot in windows only and have it also be fully functional

No again.

c.) any other options where I don't have to use a OS X install disc

The Snow Leopard DVD ordered direct from Apple is only $19.99. I'm sure you can find a way to purchase it. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.