Wi-Fi On The Road

Reaction score
My wife and I are finally retired. We will be making many road trips but we want to maintain a secure connection between our MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, two iPads, two iPhones and the internet while on the road. Our provider is AT&T. What is the best Wi-Fi solution for us in our van as we move down life's highway in retirement? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Congrats!!! Depending on your AT&T Plan, you may be able to simply use your iPhones as a personal HotSpot for your other devices at no additional charge, allowing your other devices to eat up some of your existing data plan.. I do that frequently instead of taking any risks on public wifi spots.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
My wife and I are finally retired. We will be making many road trips but we want to maintain a secure connection between our MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, two iPads, two iPhones and the internet while on the road. Our provider is AT&T. What is the best Wi-Fi solution for us in our van as we move down life's highway in retirement? :D

Hi TS..... - recently retired ourselves and traveling a lot 'on the road' and require internet availability - however, Wi-Fi is OK for us (using an iPad 2) - SO, as previously suggested, your best bet is to use your iPhone to setup a personal Wi-Fi hotspot - your other choice is to look into Mi-Fi options which will involve a paid plan - guess that you'll have to just compare the cost and best coverage (not sure where you plan to travel) - good luck! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.