iMac second monitor?

Reaction score
I have the iMac 23'inch, looking for another 23'inch screen - any recommendations that look/perform well with the iMac?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple did not make an iMac with a 23" screen. Perhaps you mean 24"? Anyway, almost any good quality 24" monitor should be OK to use. You'll also need an adapter and cable in addition to the monitor. Monoprice (monoprice.com) sells adapters and cables.

OP
O
Reaction score
Sorry yes, 24inch - I want something that looks similar to the iMac tho, I would buy a thunderbolt but they are very expensive - something under $300 would be great and which cables do I need?

thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Sorry yes, 24inch - I want something that looks similar to the iMac tho, I would buy a thunderbolt but they are very expensive - something under $300 would be great and which cables do I need?

thanks.

I think that if you want something that looks similar to the iMac...you're going to have a lot of research on your hands.

Even the expensive 27" Apple display does not look exactly like your 24" iMac...since your 24" iMac has an aluminum (silver bezel)...and the 27" Apple display has a black/glass bezel. And of course the 27" Apple display would be much larger than your 24" iMac's display (wouldn't look the same/similar).

I would just look for a 24" monitor that looks as similar as possible...and call it a done deal!:)

- Nick

OP
O
Reaction score
Yes thats what I need mate....so please link me to some ones people have recommended - thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes thats what I need mate....so please link me to some ones people have recommended - thanks

This is really not the sort of question we get everyday (want an external monitor for a 24" iMac that looks similar to the iMac). This is too specific of a question. You need to do the legwork/research!;)

Even if you were just asking for a recommendation for a external monitor to use with your iMac...even this does not have a simple answer...since there are MANY brands...and many folks have their favorites. Add to this your desire that this external monitor look similar to your 24" iMac...and it makes things more complex.

Just not the sort of question that we get asked everyday...and has a simple answer that we can just "link"you to. My suggestion is...start shopping/researching various online retailers...and see what you can find in terms of an external monitor that looks "similar" enough to you.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.