Logic 9 installation problem

Reaction score
I've just bought a secondhand 2006 macbook, when installing logic pro 9 the first installation disc installed fine as did the first audio content disc. when it prompted me to install the second audio content disc the first disc wouldn't eject properly and the installation process closed down. when i got the disc out and inserted audio content disc 2 the disc icon appeared but it did not continue installing and there was only the 'before you install logic' file in the window that pops up.
how do i continue installing the remaining discs ?

also the optical drive has been noisey since i started using it and now seems to damage the edges of the discs and doesnt't read them then ejects them. does this mean i have to replace the optical drive ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 12 Core
Did you have this Macbook checked out prior to purchasing it? Logic Pro is a large program and if there were issues with the drives before. Was it an authorized or second hand purchase? If you had a warranty, I would have it checked. Good Luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.