Newbie Ipad/Apple ID Question

Reaction score
Hey all -

Dont know if this is the right forum, but I think it is. Anyway, for my birthday yesterday, I received a new iPad. My question is that I have a iMac(mine) and another iPad(my wife) that share the same Apple ID. Can I still use my current apple id to log onto all three? or do i need another ID? Also, will there be any conflicts when it comes to downloading apps or the synching of calendars? I would like for the two ipads to share calendars and thats it. I do not want to get my wifes emails, nor do I want her to get mine. I also want my Imac calendar to sync with all iPads. Will that be a problem? Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Hwilensky

Reaction score
The Apple ID is for App Store and iCloud. If your calendar is not on iCloud (ie. Google, etc.) then the Apple ID will not be relevant. If you use an iCloud-based calendar, then it will be the same on all devices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
You won't need a new Apple ID. The convenience of it is that all your things are synced under one ID. I think under Settings>iCloud in your iPad you can select which iCloud information you want to sync on that particular device.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You won't need a new Apple ID. The convenience of it is that all your things are synced under one ID. I think under Settings>iCloud in your iPad you can select which iCloud information you want to sync on that particular device.

You're right. That should work. I did not think of that when I read the original post earlier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.