"read error in the file" while installing drivers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011
While extracting the support software during installation of Windows Support Software, the extraction has just stopped with a red message "Read error in the file D:\Drivers\Intel\IntelMgmtEngine.exe", no progress for the last 10-15mins. My only question is, can I cancel the process, since its just stuck like that? The manual recommends not to cancel any process while the installing, that's why I'm nervous, but since this is stuck, can i? I'll try redownloading the software

Background info - I'm using a 2011 macbook Pro, updated mountain Lion OS
I've already installed Windows 7 Ultimate, I can start up on it, but at the moment no way to right click or eject a DVD, no WiFi detected. I guess It's because Windows drivers haven't been yet

I downloaded the Support software, burned it to a DVD, towards thr end of the burning it gave a message saying "Burnin failed, support software saved to Mac's hard disk", I suppose I should've taken this as warning before trying to anyway install whatever got burned to the DVD :S :S btw, also need to know where on my Mac this suport software got saved, its not on my Downloads folder o_O

Also any idea why the burning might have failed? 2nd DVD that hasn't worked for burning the drivers

Thanks

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011
Ok so I cancelled the extraction, and I think the installer went ahead and just finished installing whatever was extracted
Does this mean I might be finding many bugs quite often? Since the installation wasn't exactly completed properly?

Any advice?

Reaction score
Read errors indicate that the file is corrupted or incomplete. If you're also having problems with burning discs, it could mean that your optical drive is failing. Copy it to a flash drive instead.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2011
thanks for the reply, sorry for the late response
i managed to install whatever drivers got extracted and then reinstalled remaining drivers, all good now :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.