• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple at home advisor

Reaction score
I did my interview via skype and 2 days later I got an email from hireright for a background check for apple. Does this mean I got the job?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, it means that you're going through the next step in the hiring process. Background checks are standard with just about any firm or business that hires.

OP
B
Reaction score
No, it means that you're going through the next step in the hiring process. Background checks are standard with just about any firm or business that hires.

is it a good chance though? i heard they wouldn't perform a background check on you if they are not interested.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
is it a good chance though? i heard they wouldn't perform a background check on you if they are not interested.

It means that you've cleared a hurdle. Most interviews require the clearing of multiple hurdles before an employment offer is tendered.

What you didn't tell us was...was this interview the first contact you've had with an Apple person...or was this a 2nd or 3rd contact?

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
In some companies, the offer is contingent on a clear background (and drug) testing. In other, usually larger, companies, the background check is required just to even continue considering a candidate..

You'll know you got the job when they email you that they are sending an offer..

OP
B
Reaction score
It means that you've cleared a hurdle. Most interviews require the clearing of multiple hurdles before an employment offer is tendered.

What you didn't tell us was...was this interview the first contact you've had with an Apple person...or was this a 2nd or 3rd contact?

- Nick

it was the first, and she told me that there wouldn't be anymore interviews.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I would be getting the Champagne out, as in my experience if they dont like you on first contact then they WONT use up their precious resources doing a background check on you.
Mind you, personally for me if i get the interview i have always got the job . . . So i always have the Champers on ice ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.