External second monitor colour issues.

Reaction score
I have my white unibody macbook connected to a 1080p (PAL) tv via HDMI cable to a moshi adapter. I've had no problems with it at all until I turned it on this morning and the colours are messed up. There are no red tints only blue and green, even for the "close" and "minimise" icons they are green instead of red and orange/yellow. Also icons that were blue such as the scroll bar on the right hand side of the screen are more purple. I remember having a similar issue when I first connected the second monitor but it was fixed easily by clicking on something that I can't remember. Can anyone help me?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If it was previously working fine and now the colors (US spelling) are off, I would first suspect the cable or connection. Reconnect or reseat the HDMI cable or the adapter to see if that makes a difference. You might also try wiggling the cable a bit at both ends.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.