iWork or Publisher

Reaction score
I need an application to create brochures, invitations, etc. and have been using Publisher on my PC. Have switched to the iMac and am trying to decide which Office package to buy, and wonder if I can get the Home Office package and iWork instead of getting the Office Professional that includes Publisher,

Is iWork as good (or better than Publisher).
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
In iWorks Pages, you can create tri-fold brochures from the,plates or A4 brochures from other templates. I use it and it works great for me. There are many other Templates included with it such as Invoices etc,.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I need an application to create brochures, invitations, etc. and have been using Publisher on my PC. Have switched to the iMac and am trying to decide which Office package to buy, and wonder if I can get the Home Office package and iWork instead of getting the Office Professional that includes Publisher,

Is iWork as good (or better than Publisher).
Thanks!

Welcome to the Mac Forums!

The Mac Office 2011 packages (Home and Business) do not include MS Publisher as that is strictly Windows only. MS has never provided it for the Mac as there are just too many applications for the Mac which are better.

The iWork Pages program does layout work very well and can be used for brochures, bulletins, flyers, etc. However, if you need MS Office compatibility for documents, only MS Office for the Mac gives you 100% compatibility with the Windows versions.

MS Office for the Mac of course includes Word. Word can be switched to layout mode and does a very nice job of making brochures, bulletins, and flyers. However, MS Office Home for the Mac will cost around $90 for a single install whereas Pages is only $19.99.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.