My internet doesn't connect right away like it used to.

Reaction score
I'll start by saying that we got a new ISP recently. While in the process of setting up the new internet on our computers, there was some password switching around. When I set up this macbook, it recognized everything at first and worked fine. Now every time I open it, it doesn't connect to the internet (possibly because it has the wrong password stored?) and I have to manually disconnect and reconnect, where it asks me for the password every single time. It connects just fine after that, but every time I open the laptop I have to go through this. And it's only at this location; at my other place it connects just fine right from the get go. Also, I have it set on Automatic in the Network options. Any advice on how to fix this issue?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The old password is being stored and used from your Keychain Access application. Open your Keychain Access app and remove the old password.

(Applications, Utilities, Keychain Access.app)

OP
G
Reaction score
I checked the keychain app, and the right password was stored. I went ahead and deleted the password and reconnected, hoping it would save the password, and it did. But it still doesn't connect right away. When I open up Network Preferences, it seems that it gets stuck on the 802.1x authentication. After a while, it stops trying to authenticate and just stays unconnected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.