• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Background checks

Reaction score
Hi
I am new to this site so please bear with me.
i applied to some jobs at apple today and got a reply back about an hour later asking me to attend an hiring event. I have searched the webs and found out that after u have ur 2nd interview apple run some background checks. When i was 17 i got dismissed from my job for dishonesty as some things in the store went missing and my code that the systems stores (crap system) was used and i got told that neither them or me had any evidence that i took the things but somebody had to go and as it was my code i had to go. the police was not involved. i have had one other job after this and in my CV i have put my last job (not this one) and another reference. What i was wondering is would apple check this and therefore not offer me the job if they were going to based on this?
any help would be great.
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The background check done by most employers is usually the standard one which checks police records and credit. (All of which are public record.) If part of Apple's hiring process involves listing all former employers, then you have no choice but to be honest on the application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And for your CV start using punctuation and capitalization.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
There's no way to sugar coat this, but being honest does not help you in this situation. If you are asked why you left, you'll have to state the reason. If you're honest, and give the real reason, they could dismiss you. If you lie, and they actually call your employer, you'll never get the job. Your best bet is to carefully consider how the application is asking you for your work history, as well as reasons why you "left." You do not have to go into detail, just enough for them to get the picture. If you omit work experience, and they end up asking you if you've only worked at those two listed, which you claimed it to be true, a background check(through social security number) will show where you worked, credit history, professional credentials, and much more.
Don't lie. Choose your words carefully.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.