HELP!! Ipad 2 3g screen replacement went bad

Reaction score
I was replacing the glass on a 3g ipad 2 the one with the black section on the top middle on the back cover well when using the heat gun i happened to melt that peace a bit out of shape i tryed forming it back but i need to know what the **** it is called so i can order a new one i hope its not the back case and its just a peace i can get. this is not my ipad but someone elses and there a very importent person Any help would really help me out if you can shoot me a link to were i can get it or just tell me if it is part of the back housing and the entire back housing needs to be replaced and shoot me a link to that or tell me what its called its the rubber on the ipad 2 3g & wifi 64 gig on the back by were the 3g antennas would be located thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
L
Reaction score
thanks

thanks but they dont list that part it looks like i might need to replace the entire back housing as it looks like it comes as a single piece

Reaction score
You should post a picture of the piece that you're talking about so we can further assist you :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You should post a picture of the piece that you're talking about so we can further assist you :)

Not necessary. There's only one plastic piece on the back - it's the pass-through for the antennas.

To answer the OP's question - yes, you will need to replace the entire back panel - that part is not sold separately that I can find.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.