Windows 7

Reaction score
I just loaded Windows 7 on my MAC. My MAC is the last of the white ones they made.

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz

I can't seem to see my wireless Internet. It doesn't show if there is any wi fi or anything. Can someone help please?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Which version of OS X are you running? The answer to that question will tell us how you should proceed to install the Boot Camp support software, which is the last step in the Boot Camp installation process. Those drivers will enable your WiFi and a number of other functions that make it easier to work in Windows with your Apple hardware.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Click on the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your screen, and then click on "About this Mac".

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Click the Apple menu and then go to 'About this Mac'. It should look something like this:

00000331.png

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK. Insert your Mac OS X Snow Leopard (or System Disc 1) into the optical drive while Windows is running. Then, proceed to install the Boot Camp support software.

OP
C
Reaction score
Ok. I did all that and it loaded fine. Most everything is working except I have no way of seeing any wireless Internet. For example mine. And my mouse pad is acting strange. I played with the settings but still my right button does not work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Whilst in Windows 7 do an Apple Software Update and see if that solves your problem.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok. I did all that and it loaded fine. Most everything is working except I have no way of seeing any wireless Internet. For example mine. And my mouse pad is acting strange. I played with the settings but still my right button does not work.

You need to set the Mouse options in the Boot Camp Control Panel applet to allow two-fingered taps for right-click. You'll then need to connect to your wireless network by using the wireless control icon from the system tray (the area near the clock, bottom-right corner).

Here's an article that explains how to connect to wireless networks with Windows 7:

View and connect to available wireless networks

If you don't have the needed icon, do as Harry described above and be sure to install the updated Boot Camp drivers, by using the Apple Software Update program.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.