PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Movie Trilogy Poll

RavingMac
01-26-2013, 09:16 AM
I couldn't sleep so have been up a while trying to get coffee to activate my brain. It isn't working so I decided to post another pointless and annoying poll.

My list isn't complete; I know that and don't particularly care. Also, some of my choices aren't strictly trilogies.

iggibar
01-26-2013, 09:43 AM
I wish I could vote on more than one. I don't know what it is, but of all movies, trilogies always seem to be my favorite. I like all the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Superman, Batman, and soon to be, Star Trek.

RavingMac
01-26-2013, 09:45 AM
I wish I could vote on more than one. I don't know what it is, but of all movies, trilogies always seem to be my favorite. I like all the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Superman, Batman, and soon to be, Star Trek.

It's my poll and I couldn't decide either, but finally chose one. ;)

bobtomay
01-26-2013, 10:58 AM
That is tough - but made mine - had to go with LotR.

Then there's:

Terminator
Aliens - maybe I voted too soon
Hannibal
MI
Blade
Mad Max - now I am confused
Die Hard - can't forget this one
Indiana Jones
Matrix
The Godfather

can I take my vote back - don't have a single favorite

RavingMac
01-26-2013, 11:27 AM
That is tough - but made mine - had to go with LotR.

Then there's:

Terminator
Aliens - maybe I voted too soon
Hannibal
MI
Blade
Mad Max - now I am confused
Die Hard - can't forget this one
Indiana Jones
Matrix
The Godfather

can I take my vote back - don't have a single favorite

I thought about adding Diehard, but the limit on Polls is 10 items.

firesidedog
01-26-2013, 11:36 AM
I vote Godfather!

RavingMac
01-26-2013, 11:39 AM
I vote Godfather!

You'll have to start your own poll to do it. ;)

I ran out of space.

EDIT: though, what I may do as things progress. Is eliminate and replace choices that don't get votes.

IvanLasston
01-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Since I can recite the entire trilogy from memory - I should vote Star Wars original. Then again - Han shot first.
http://www.gavinrothery.com/storage/_HanShotFirst2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1333 548250178

But yet again Aliens and the colonial marines. One of my favorite Commodore 64 games too.

What is weird is I liked the original Matrix - but making it into a trilogy ruined it for me. The next two seemed like one long action sequence with very little point. (I get the point, control, etc but I think the films themselves added little to the story while adding a ton of action sequences that could have been cut in half)

Anyway - Back to the Future still blows my mind too. This was pointed out on some internet post - and I just checked out my copy. When Marty first gets to the mall this is the sign
http://images.wikia.com/bttf/images/1/1d/Twin_Pines_Mall.png

Later Marty - in 1955 - runs over one of the pines as he is driving away from the farm. When Marty gets back to try to save Doc - this is the sign

http://www.tomcroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/lone-pine-mall.jpeg

So - I stil haven't voted - going to have to think about it more.

RavingMac
01-26-2013, 12:50 PM
I vote Godfather!

Godfather replaces Home Alone, so vote away. :)

pendlewitch
01-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Godfather all the way for me ! The music...the music...

bobtomay
01-26-2013, 02:32 PM
The Godfather collection - all 3 movies - on Blu-Ray is the Gold-Box deal at Amazon today - $17.99.

RavingMac
01-26-2013, 02:34 PM
The Godfather collection - all 3 movies - on Blu-Ray is the Gold-Box deal at Amazon today - $17.99.

Amazon just got $85 of my money, so will try to pass on this . . .

chscag
01-26-2013, 06:31 PM
I couldn't sleep so have been up a while trying to get coffee to activate my brain. It isn't working so I decided to post another pointless and annoying poll.

LOL, what ever happened to that kitchen project? That should keep you busy for quite some time. :P

RavingMac
01-26-2013, 09:37 PM
LOL, what ever happened to that kitchen project? That should keep you busy for quite some time. :P

It's on hold for a bit. O:)

I distract easily :Smirk:

pendlewitch
01-27-2013, 09:10 AM

That's a deal for me then.

XJ-linux
01-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Man With No Name...

http://journal.c2er.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/palerider.jpg