iWeb html

Reaction score
I just got it so im not too sure, But is there a way to access the html code to add extras in through iWeb.

Currently im just closing iWeb and editing through a text program but it would be a lot easier if there is something im missing and can just click html view or something.

Any help would be good, thanks.

Reaction score
I haven't heard of a way to do that, but I would be interested to know if you can.

OP
blackmagicxx
Reaction score
I posted on apple.com discussion forums and response i got was that its not possible in iWeb to view/edit the html.

I downloaded the dreamweaver demo and i can import pages i made with iWeb then from there do the more advanced editing with html and the tools in the program itself.

Reaction score
editing html

You can edit the HTML by using a program like Really Simple Text. You publish all your files to a folder, then change the .html endings to txt then open with Really simple text. Edit away.

However, you cannot then put them back into iweb. If you do other alterations you'll have to repeat your changes every time, as far as I can tell thus far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
If it isn't too complicated you could try Insert-->"HTML Snippet" from the menu.

Reaction score
I would suggest you to learn some basic HTML so you would be able to edit the code with any simple text editor that works on your mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I would suggest you to learn some basic HTML so you would be able to edit the code with any simple text editor that works on your mac.

He already is doing that.

There are two issues. If you edit the original files within the iWeb container folder, iWeb might not function properly or find some other way to mess up. If you edit the end product that one exports to a folder, you have to repeat the edit if you re-export from iWeb.

There is a third party application to help enhance iWeb pages, but I can't find via a Google search. Would help if I could remember the name, eh!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own a iMac.
I've herd that you can post HTML source directly into iWeb, Yet I have also herd there are problems doing such, as iWeb is basically a stand-alone application, in other words it supports only things that are included, yet it seams to allow Flash and Java-Script.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How can I access the iWeb container folder?, iWeb is not functioning properly!

Thinking that access to the iWeb folders can solve your problem is a big assumption. You are better off starting a new thread with a clear description of the problem, and the versions of iWeb and OS X you are using. Before doing that, search this forum.

If you insist, the top level iWeb folder is something like ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain.sites2 where the ~ is your home folder. Double clicking on that file should open it in iWeb. Control clicking it will allow you to select Show Package Contents for further exploring. MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE messing with the contents.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.