Cross Partition File Access + Edit

Reaction score
New MacBook Pro 13" running bootcamp with Windows 7. This is my second MacBook Pro running bootcamp but this is first time I have had current Microsoft Office programs on both sides. I noticed I can open files from one partition to the other but not save the other. A fast solution so far is to leave a thumb drive in and just save to that, but I was thinking if there was a way to it without the thumb drive and I decided I would ask if anyone has partitioned a portion of their hd to act as save tool for cross os files? If this works I'd like to know while the hard drive is young and can easily be partitioned for such a thing. I am open to all suggestions except spending more money lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are you saying you cannot save to the windows partition when using Office for Mac?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
imho - if you're going to run Windows on your machine, for $20, the Paragon software is about as hassle free as it gets. They also have one that allows Windows to write to HFS+ partitions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.