calendar

Reaction score
I have a new ipad and am struggling with the calendar. The recurring options don't seem to be very extensive. My hubby works a 29 week rota and when I managed his shifts on outlook I could put his daily shifts as a recurring entry on a 29 week basis. I can't find any option on ical that allows this. I have synced outlook with my ical and it has put the entries in, but how can I put new entries is with these details options? Also, I can't even seem to 'copy' a 29 week entry so I can amend it.

I find it difficult to believe that the ical is so restrictive so assume I must be missing something obvious....? I'd like to manage my calendar without having to sync with outlook.

Question 1 - how can I access more detailed options for recurring entries?
Question 2 - if I can't how do i simply 'copy' a calendar entry?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Possibly right click the first entry > get info > repeat > custom.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Press and hold your finger on the item for about five seconds, and a right click menu should appear, or try the double tap method like the Mac. The same as you would while browsing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats odd because if I am using pages or numbers on the iPhone I just double tap cell or word to edit.
Admit iCal is different maybe someone else can offer a hint, as my above did not work for you.

Try a tap and hold.

Have a look here.
http://www.ipadapps.in/2011/how-to-right-click-on-ipad

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you so much for taking the time; much appreciated.

I hope to find a resolution soon

Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you try the one tap and hold?

C

chas_m

As far as I can tell, you can't create a custom repeat on iOS; you must do this on the Mac (where it is childishly easy) and it will sync to the iOS device. Strange, but I assume Apple will put that ability into a future release of iOS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It's not ideal but . . . . . "there's an app for that"
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/recurring-events/id470157358?mt=8

There are several calendar replacement apps on the app store, but this one just handles recurring events.
You still use the standard calendar app for everything else so you don't lose any integration benefits

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks very much, this recurring apps app is just what I need. Thanks to you all for your advice, much appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" (2011) 3.1 GHz quad-core i5, 13" MacBook Pro (2011 2.3GHz dual-core i5), iPad2 (32MB, 3G)
It is ridiculous that Apple has not bothered to fix this in IOS. How difficult can it be? Yes, I can do it on my Mac and sync, or yes I could get a third party app that works, but why should I have to have 2 calendar apps on my iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.