ipad 2 Bluetooth Issues ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB
Hello folks,

I am unable to start bluetooth in my ipad2 32 GB wifi. On turning the bluetooth on in the system preference, the grey bluetooth logo does not become black. It continues to search device.

Kindly let me know if am i am missing out something ? Have never used this feature before!! Just wanted to transfer some data from ipad to macbook using bluetooth.

Thanks for reading and helping me out. And lastly wishing everyone a very happy new year!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The Bluetooth function on the iPad is for an external keyboard not for transfer you can wirelessly sync your iPad or connect via USB also if you enabled iCloud and checked the services you wanted ported over.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13", 1 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1GHz,iPod Classic 30GB, iPad 2 WiFi 32GB
The Bluetooth function on the iPad is for an external keyboard not for transfer you can wirelessly sync your iPad or connect via USB also if you enabled iCloud and checked the services you wanted ported over.

Hi osxx, thanks for the information. Well didn't knew this about this feature. Just wanted to try out using bluetooth.. Yeah I already use iCloud and sync via USB.

Anyways, thanks for helping me out.

C

chas_m

Basically, the BT in an iPad is for headphones, keyboards and not much else (game data, a few minor things like that). It's not really set up for file transfer since there's no (visible) file system.

Some programs can choose to set up Bluetooth support, but few do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.