Just switched

Reaction score
My PC took a dump so I decided to make the switch. I bought a MAC Mini and am in the process of getting things running. We allready have an Ipad 3 & Ipad Mini. We re still (temporarilly) on HTC Andoid phones. 2 questions:

1) How do I get my Google contacts to transfer over?

2) What is the best refernece book to learn Mountain Lion? (I need to learn the basic of basics)

Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
My PC took a dump so I decided to make the switch. I bought a MAC Mini and am in the process of getting things running. We allready have an Ipad 3 & Ipad Mini. We re still (temporarilly) on HTC Andoid phones. 2 questions:

2) What is the best refernece book to learn Mountain Lion? (I need to learn the basic of basics)

Thanks

1) Here you go: Syncing Google contacts in Mac OS X Mountain Lion | Niklaus Gerber

2) This is (in my opinion) the best book on the market: OS X Mountain Lion: The Missing Manual: David Pogue: 9781449330279: Amazon.com: Books

Welcome and congrats on your switch!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.

Thanks

Hi there and welcome,

Go into your Gmail account, find your contact list and choose, 'All contacts' or create a group with your selected contacts that you wish to transfer. Click the 'Export' Option and choose the vCard format before exporting and downloading them to your desktop.

Open Address Book on your Mac and select File>Import>vCards then choose the..vcf file on your desktop and that will do the trick.

Regarding the best reference books..a few members on here recommend the Missing Manual series
Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Mountain Lion Edition - O'Reilly Media

There is also a tome just for Mountain Lion as well.

Cheers
Liam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.