PDA

View Full Version : Fraudulent Online Apple Store?

MsTeach
01-05-2013, 04:12 PM
I was sent an email today offering great prices on Apple products from link removed . The prices are significantly lower than apple.com. I was immediately suspicious and reported the site to Apple's trademark legal dept. Has anyone seen this site or had any experience with it?

pigoo3
01-05-2013, 04:21 PM
There are lots & lots of scammers out there who painstakingly put together fraudulent websites (Paypal, e-Bay, Amazon, various banking websites, etc.) trying to rip you off. These fraudulent websites can & will look EXACTLY like the real thing...but the webpage address will not be correct.

The only thing you can do is be very very careful when dealing with these e-mails...such as carefully checking the "from" e-mail address...or carefully examining the address of the website the e-mail refers you to. In this case...if it's not Apple.com...it's a fake site.

- Nick

bobtomay
01-06-2013, 08:55 AM
I have removed the link - we don't want to give the scammers any sort of free advertisement.

And scammer site it is. They can't sell genuine Apple products for less than Apple's cost to make it.

Lightcraftsman
01-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Good on you for reporting the site to Apple Legal. They take that stuff seriously.