View Full Version : Fraudulent Online Apple Store?

01-05-2013, 03:12 PM
I was sent an email today offering great prices on Apple products from link removed . The prices are significantly lower than apple.com. I was immediately suspicious and reported the site to Apple's trademark legal dept. Has anyone seen this site or had any experience with it?

01-05-2013, 03:21 PM
There are lots & lots of scammers out there who painstakingly put together fraudulent websites (Paypal, e-Bay, Amazon, various banking websites, etc.) trying to rip you off. These fraudulent websites can & will look EXACTLY like the real thing...but the webpage address will not be correct.

The only thing you can do is be very very careful when dealing with these e-mails...such as carefully checking the "from" e-mail address...or carefully examining the address of the website the e-mail refers you to. In this case...if it's not Apple.com...it's a fake site.

- Nick

01-06-2013, 07:55 AM
I have removed the link - we don't want to give the scammers any sort of free advertisement.

And scammer site it is. They can't sell genuine Apple products for less than Apple's cost to make it.

01-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Good on you for reporting the site to Apple Legal. They take that stuff seriously.