iPad Mini Questions

Reaction score
What is "WiFi + Cellular? I was looking at the iPad mini and that is one of the options. Is that so I can purchase an Internet plan and have access to the Internet anywhere...sort of like my iPhone?

Also, could anyone tell me if there is any advantages of the iPad mini over the iPad w/Retina Display? Is it just the size, price, and display that are different? Is one faster than the other? I won't really be using it much to surf the Internet...mainly just checking emails. Most of what I'll be using it for will be various apps (primarily Keynote).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The WiFi + Cellular version allows you to have internet access even when a WiFi signal is not available. My iPad 3 is WiFi + Cellular (Verizon version) and I absolutely love being able to use it anywhere I go not just where there is a WiFi signal.

As to the iPad Mini not having a retina screen, I can't really compare the two since my iPad has the retina screen, but I'm not so sure it makes that much of a difference. The Mini is smaller and much easier to carry around albeit a smaller screen size. And it is less expensive.

C

chas_m

If you're using an iPad primarily for Keynote and email, I can't see any advantage of the full-size model over the smaller one in your case.

OP
J
Reaction score
I think I'll save some $$$ and get the mini without the cellular plan. I mean, I have a iPhone, so I really don't need to have my iPad to have constant access to the Internet.

Thanks for the information.

Reaction score
Thanks Chas_m

here in UK virtually all carriers allow it on their current plans and the only limit is rely the size of your data allowance but quite a few have unlimited data though.

C

chas_m

Must be nice ... in the US most carriers don't automatically allow it, here in Canada we're allowed it on many but not all data plans.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.