Sending pics from iPhoto thru Gmail

Reaction score
Hi, I'm brand new to Mac Forum.

After bumping along for decades using an unnamed server (and gatekeeper), I learned that THEY are the reason for our ultra-slow transmission - not a 20 year-old buried phone line, as they claim - so in a couple of days I'll dump them in favor of Centurylink (our phone service), via DSL, for a promised increase from 1.5 (buffering, buffering) to about 8.

But here's my problem:

I've been spoiled by the ease with which I'd been able to select pictures from iphoto, click on "send," choose one of 3 small-byte formats (less chance of my pictures being pirate-copied downline, plus I can fire off larger batches), and email them off. Takes just a few seconds. My heart sank when it appeared I'd need to "attach," etc. future photos ... until I learned about iphoto2gmail. led on this app.

I downloaded this app, and here's a link to the guidelines I used:

How to Email Pictures Directly from iPhoto using your Gmail Account - Switching To Mac

But I've been stonewalled because "iphoto2gmail" does not appear in the box that allows me to switch user. I'm pretty modern (MacBook Pro with Leopard), so it should work.

Advice?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.