Ecommerce/MacDock.com-Please HELP!

T

Tonka

I am in the market to start-up an ecommerce site. I am all for making things easy so I would ultimately love to have a mac based ecommerce with a strong back end ( CC processing, shopping cart, inventory monitoring and reporting, etc). Also, with a store-front template is already (basically) created and in place, this is very import to me. I found MacDock and feel that the ecommerce system (iSell) would be perfect. I have contacted MacDock to ask a few pre-sale questions at least 4 times over the last week and have received no reply. Does anyone out there use iSell and are pleased with macDock? Am I going about this the wrong way? Can anyone point me to a an easy set-up ecommerce solution that is extremely mac-user friendly? Please let me know and thank you fro your input...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Well hmm... I hear that MacDock does really well and used to have great support. I work with a company called eShox that sells an eCommerce package, which MacDock used to sell, but got fed up with it and created his own. I have lots of clients.. at least 12 or more that use eShox and are happy with it because anything that needs to be done that eShox can't do itself.. I can program it to do. Right now the company that programs eShox is developing eShox 4, which is still in it's beta stages.

There are frustrations with eShox 3, don't get me wrong, but I personally really like it and my clients do also. If you would like to know more, let me know.

OP
S

steveedge

Why does it have to be Mac based ? Most E-Commerce carts are cross platform. The user interface works on Mac and PC browsers. For example, OS Commerce is a open source PHP E-Commerce application that runs on UNIX or Windows servers. But you can connect to the admin panel and admin your store through your browser regardless what kind of computer you use.
http://www.oscommerce.org/
I install OS Commerce stores for clients on both Mac's and PC's.
You just need a web hosting account somewhere that allows PHP and MYSQL connections, and most do these days.
Good Luck. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I wouldn't use osCommerce though due to all the security problems it has, plus it hasn't been updated in.. hmm.. is it 3 or 4 years now, thus the reason for the security problems. You have to have register globals on which in itself is a security problem, and many host/most hosts these days will have register globals off as default because of the security issues involved.. yes you can turn them back on, but why use a broken system right from the beginning? :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.