iphoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 10.6.7/ 3.06GHZ IPhone 4S, IPad4 retina
I'm starting to have a problem with iphoto pictures. When I double click on a photo to enlarge it, a circle with an exclamation mark pops up, no picture. Lately more and more of my picture are acting this way. Is there any way to correct this malfunction?

C

chas_m

First: have you done ANY direct manipulation of the iPhoto Library in the Finder? If you have, you may have damaged the iPhoto database that the program relies on to find assets. That would be bad.

You can try this: restart iPhoto with the command and option keys held down. You will see a dialog box with various repair/maintenance options. Check ALL of them and leave the machine alone while it does its thing. For good measure you may want to run OnyX (system maintenance utility) on your system after iPhoto is done, and restart.

Let us know if that fixes things.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 10.6.7/ 3.06GHZ IPhone 4S, IPad4 retina
IPhoto

I ran the repair maintenance with no improvement. Couldn't find the OnyX system maintenance utility.Should I try to save my remaining unaffected picture files to a DVD?

C

chas_m

Backing up your photos is always a good idea. OnyX is a free download from here, sorry I should have included the link last time.

Have you messed with the actual iPhoto library package at all? If so, there's your issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.