Problem with lexicon lamda on mac (mountain lion)

Reaction score
hello. i 've got a lexicon lamda and when i updated my os into mountain lion, it started showing some problems... :(

1) i open guitar rig 5 and everything work fine.
2) after that, i open guitar pro 5 (without quitting guitar rig)
3) when guitar pro opens, the output of lexicon lamda/guitar rig, stops and instead, i hear a strange noise (like parasites).
4) after that, i quit both guitar pro and guitar rig and the audio of my mac is interrupted every 1 or 2 seconds.

i tried to change the usb port i connect my lexicon, but after the first time that in every port everything was ok, then the problem started, too...
please help me...!!! :(

Reaction score
I used to use a Lambda as well and thought I had a defective unit...it's really just a matter of switching USB ports and restarting your computer over and over again until it works. Maybe it's a driver problem? The easiest solution would be another interface, at least that's what I did.

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks a lot... ;-) btw, i 'm sure it's not a drivers problem because on mac drivers are not needed...if i restart my mac many times, will it work some time...???

Reaction score
thanks a lot... ;-) btw, i 'm sure it's not a drivers problem because on mac drivers are not needed...if i restart my mac many times, will it work some time...???

Honestly, that's the only solution I've found to the problem. I'm not sure if it's just the Lambda or all the Lexicon interfaces in general, but they're very hit or miss and only work when they want to...don't get me wrong, they're decent interfaces, especially for a starter one, but they're very temperamental and work maybe only 80% of the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.