Why can't I view backed up Nikon RAW files?

Reaction score
HAd some problems with a macbook so backed up everything to time machine then had OS re-installed. Nikon RAW files from summer holiday now show as dotted line squares in iPhoto. All the information about the photos is associated with these squares, but the image cannot be viewed. Nikon RAW files uploaded to macbook since backup view fine. Have tried Reprocess RAW from the iPhoto menu but this makes no difference when applied to the missing images...This is all happening in iPhoto v8.1.2. Any help greatly appreciated as I would be very disappointed to lose some special memories due to a faulty back-up...Thanks

Reaction score
Is your iPhoto version up to date on the re-install? Apple issues updates periodically to specifically handle RAW image file types. Could that be an issue?

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks indychris, but from the little I know about these things, I can't see how I would be able to view recently uploaded RAW files but not those which came onto the macbook from time machine...I will check for updates however..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.