Bluetooth laser mouse?

Reaction score
Anyone know of any Bluetooth laser mice? All I see are RF laser mice. I wonder why. I have seen a package (Logitech MX 5000) that offers a Bluetooth version of the MX 1000, but it comes with a keyboard. I don't need the keyboard. Thanks.

OP
ripfrankwhite
Reaction score
Link is dead. But what did it link to?

I'm assuming there are no Bluetooth laser mouses available. Apparently, RF is a lot faster than BT. That is why they use it for the laser mouses. I'm gonna go with the Logitech MX900. It's a nice BT optical mouse. I'm sure that I'll like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
I think he linked to the Apple Optical Bluetooth Wireless Mouse.

OP
ripfrankwhite
Reaction score
to_tough_to_die said:
I think he linked to the Apple Optical Bluetooth Wireless Mouse.

The one button mouse? Why would he link to that? I asked for a Bluetooth laser mouse. The Apple mouse BLOWS. That's what I'm using now. I'm about to smash it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
ripfrankwhite said:
The one button mouse? Why would he link to that? I asked for a Bluetooth laser mouse. The Apple mouse BLOWS. That's what I'm using now. I'm about to smash it.

Eh, it works fine for me, but I understand why some dislike it.

I think the term "optical" and "laser" can get confusing, which may be why he linked to it.

W

will123ab

with all do respect, you asked for a suggestion and I offered a sugestion. To answer your question 'Why would he link to that?', because it's a good bluetooth mouse . I didnt know you were already aware of this Apple Bluetooth mouse because you didnt explain in your orginal post that you already have one and think it 'blows'.

OP
ripfrankwhite
Reaction score
will123ab said:
with all do respect, you asked for a suggestion and I offered a sugestion. To answer your question 'Why would he link to that?', because it's a good bluetooth mouse . I didnt know you were already aware of this Apple Bluetooth mouse because you didnt explain in your orginal post that you already have one and think it 'blows'.

I asked for a Bluetooth LASER mouse.

Reaction score
ripfrankwhite said:
Link is dead. But what did it link to?

I'm assuming there are no Bluetooth laser mouses available. Apparently, RF is a lot faster than BT. That is why they use it for the laser mouses. I'm gonna go with the Logitech MX900. It's a nice BT optical mouse. I'm sure that I'll like it.

So far as i know the MX900 isn't Mac compatible. The MX1000 is. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 and a 15" MacBook Pro 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

The wireless/bluetooth Apple Mighty mouse is laser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
The wireless/bluetooth Apple Mighty mouse is laser.

This is correct, the apple wireless mouse is a LAZER that is BLUE TOOTH, with 360 scrolling, and right click, and buttons on the sides. Its a perfect mouse and it matches your computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yup, agreed.

Don't shoot the messenger....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 and a 15" MacBook Pro 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
The reason I shyed away from the Apple mouse is because I heard of far too many problems. In addition, I don't think it is rechargeable. And it uses AA batteries instead of AAA batteries, making it much heavier. Hence the reason I went with the Targus. I'm sure the Mighty Mouse is great, but certain features of the Targus outweighed the great looks of the Mighty Mouse ... mainly the whole slew of problems people have been having with the  MM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I just bought the MX Revolution by Logitech, its not bluetooth, but it is by far, the best mouse I've even held in my hands.

Reaction score
I bought the MX Revolution when it first came out and took it back. I didn't like the wobbly scroll wheel, which I couldn't program. (I didn't know then about SteerMouse.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.