I think I have a Virus?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just joined this forum to get more information on a problem i've been having with my Macbook Pro for a couple of months now. The problem that happens is every maybe 3 hours or so, my computer completely bugs out. And by bugs out I mean, the curser starts to glitch by fading in and out really quickly, the volume sometimes will move on its own, the search bar at the top, if I try to type anything, it will act as if I'm pressing the space bar and holding it down. Also, it makes this thudding sound as if you were trying to click out of a pop up but it wouldn't let you. I have no idea what's going on and need some help! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Whatever it is, it's certainly not a virus. There aren't any for Macs.
Mac Virus/Malware FAQ - Mac Guides

However, others will need more information: which Macbook Pro, how old, which OSX.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is it still under warranty or extended warranty with Apple care? If so, make an appointment with your local genius bar and have them look at it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It shouldn't matter if you purchased it at Best Buy. It's still covered by Apple's warranty.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Was it exposed to liquid? Sure sounds like it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.