Windows 7 giving me Issues

Reaction score
I'm currently making a video to explain my situation.

I reformatted my Hard Drive.
Installed OSX Mountain Lion was going to install Windows 7 using bootcamp.

Well at first it would hang on Expanding Windows Files. I asked in the apple discussions but no one could explain why this would happen. I then went into forums for PC based computers and many people with similar issues as it was some sort of hardware issue.

Mine got resolved by just leaving the computer on over night.. tried it again in the morning since nothing worked. (Basically if I live it installing for about 5+ hours eventually it installs. Except that after it reboots and right before it's supposed to ask for the computer name and information and so on.. It says "Starting Windows" goes to a black screen and stays like that. I can hear the DVD moving inside.. I feel air coming out form the iMac. The mouse is still on, but nothing shows up. I then turn it off manually, turn it on again and it takes me to a screen where I have to choose "Safe Mode" "Start Windows Normally" etc...

I am at a loss I'm not sure what to do. A lot of solutions online are for PC Based computers and I try them on the iMac but they won't work. I have no way of getting in BIOS or anything of that.. Anyone ever experience this?

My specs:

iMac 27', Late 2009
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Think the problem maybe with your Windows 7 disc. Maybe scratched or damaged.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.