VPN remote dial access

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a total noob when it comes to Mac, currently we have an iMac at work running on OSx 10.5.8 and I would like to be able to remote in by another Macbook. I did a search on google and the results were confusing.

If anyone can point me to the right direction that would be great appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Remote in how? There are a variety of ways and they all allow you to do different things. What is it that you're trying to accomplish?

As IvanLasston noted, this is not only something you'd want to clear with your IT dept. but they'd also be able to offer up a solution.

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. We are a small company without an actual IT department, currently my General Manager does all the IT set up but she is stumped on how to set up the Mac for remote access and she turns to me for solution and I am turning to you guys to see if you can make me look smart. :)
So there is no need to worry about getting fired for accessing the network remotely.

What I am looking to accomplish is to set up my marketing manager's mac so she will be able to remote in and work from home. She is the only one that uses a Mac and has a macbook, she needs to access all her files and program on the work mac. I will check out the teamviewer to see if that would work, on the PC side we simply use VPN remote to gain access to our desktop.

Please let me know if there is other way to accomplish this. Thank you.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It sounds like TeamViewer would work wonders. You could always do something like VNC but that would be slower and require you to fiddle with Firewall settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.