Time Capsul use with other NAS devices

Reaction score
I have a mixed Mac/Windows home network that up till recently we have used D-link router and access point and an Iomaga StorCenter 2.0 NAS for our network Storage. After spending countless hours trying to get the Iomaga to work with TimeMachine to back up my our Mac, I went out and bought Time Capsule and an Airport Express to replace our existing network and NAS.

I have the wireless up and working fine and all computers can see time capsule and timemachine is working perfectly for our Mac. I have two Questions

1. I was hoping to use the Iomaga as a backup for the Time Capsule drives but nothing I do seems to let me see the NAS. I have the Iomaga plugged in to one of the three LAN ports on the Time Capsule. Any assistance would be most welcome.

2. My work computer can see the wireless network but can not see Time Capsule. It appears to have to do with the fact that my home network is based on a workgroup named Workgroup and my work computer having a domain from my work network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.