Problem with Music playback via Air Express

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 1.7 GHz Core i5, 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - Lion 10.7.4; Thunderbolt Display; 2011 iMac base w/SSD
I have having occasional breaks in the wireless music stream from my laptop (MBA) to my Stereo Receiver via a new Airport Express. My set up is as follows: Stereo Receiver connected to Airport Express (AE) via wired phono to mini jack. AE connected to existing wireless network wirelessly. Existing wireless (and wired) network is controlled by Time Capsule (TC). I have an iMac connected to the TC with ethernet cable. I have two MBA laptops connected to network via wireless.

The problem occurs intermittently with a momentary break in the music stream lasting about a second. It occurs even when I am playing from my iTunes collection so it is not a function of my internet connection.

Should I be able to set things up so that the music will stream without breaks? Any suggestions how to trouble shoot the problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.