Altec Lansing Speaker Problems!

K

kznefkt

Hey,

About 2 months ago, I bought the highly recommended Altec lansing FX 6021 speakers for my 12" PowerBook.

http://www.alteclansing.com/product_details_FX6021_OOS.asp

Only to find that with about 2 weeks use, my left satellite started popping/squeaking and the music wasn't coming out clearly with the volume just below half way, so I returned to get a replacement. A MONTH later I received the replacements only to find today that the they have the same problem, but in the right satellite this time!!

I'm using these speakers with my 12" powerbook, and have had such a run around with these bloody things. Has anyone experienced similar problems or does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
Try them with another sound source - an iPod, or another laptop. If the problem persists then you need to return them. If not, then it could be your laptop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.