Pandora ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac air,iPad mini,ipods
Listen to my iTunes music via airport on my stereo system. Want to explore Pandora but how does one listen to it on my home system? How about quality of sound?

Bob J

Reaction score
Quality of sound = subjective.

As far as connecting your computer/device to your sound system, we can not list specific advice without you mentioning which puter you have & what kind of system you have.

I recommend you connect your best interfaces (for the best sound quality). You might have a headphone jack to stereo (RCA composite (red & white)) cable....or SPDIF....or....

C

chas_m

The quality of Pandora will be, by necessity, poor compared to, say, CDs.

This is no slight on Pandora, but simply a matter of bandwidth: I believe they stream at 128kbit/sec, a standard for Internet radio but low-quality compared to one's own (even compressed AAC) music library ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini Late 2014, OS 11.2.3, 2.6GB i5, 16GB ram, 1TB HDD
There are hundreds of stations on iTunes Radio

Some are heavily processed, and some are pretty clean. There is a great variety of music available, so you are bound to find something you like.

Personally I have loaded all my CDs, my downloads, and a few borrowed from the public library into iTunes. A little over 4,000 songs. Playback is not as clean as CDs, but I can't take a CD, create a bunch of Smart Playlists, and put it on shuffle. That's what I like to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.