new hard drive instalation

Reaction score
i was told that my imac needed a new HD. i removed the 250 gig and installed a 500gig. i can not format the HD i can get to the english,agree, and select but their is nothing to select

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

A few questions as you never supplied details.

What model iMac? Who told you a new drive was necessary? What operating system are you trying to install? If from discs are they they actual discs which came with the computer? If not tust they are not silver and grey install discs from another model.

OP
C
Reaction score
G'day and welcome to the forums.

A few questions as you never supplied details.

What model iMac? Who told you a new drive was necessary? What operating system are you trying to install? If from discs are they they actual discs which came with the computer? If not tust they are not silver and grey install discs from another model.

i have a model 2111, its an imac 24 16GHZ with 250Gig HD. i took the computer to Apple and they told me the HD needed to be replaced. i am using the original silver and grey discs that came with the computer. for some reason, the computer reacts to the discs differently each time i try to boot the computer. sometimes i get to the screen that ask for english then the agreement and then where to direct it to. i can never select the area to go to as they are not highlighted. i also seem to be having trouble getting the disc to eject an have had to take the drive apart several times to get it out

OP
C
Reaction score
i have a model 2111, its an imac 24 16GHZ with 250Gig HD. i took the computer to Apple and they told me the HD needed to be replaced. i am using the original silver and grey discs that came with the computer. for some reason, the computer reacts to the discs differently each time i try to boot the computer. sometimes i get to the screen that ask for english then the agreement and then where to direct it to. i can never select the area to go to as they are not highlighted. i also seem to be having trouble getting the disc to eject an have had to take the drive apart several times to get it out.

i am new to this forum and am having trouble responding.

Thank you for your interest and i hope this gets to you
Carmen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.