infrared camera security setup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 320gb 7200rpm HDD Snow Leopard
I have a need for an infrared camera setup in my apartment for security. My landlord will do random checks without warning and without locking the deadbolt when he leaves and the door knob lock doesn't always catch. He also will show off apartments to potential renters that people are currently living in without telling the tenants. I want to setup an infrared camera facing my door and set up a trigger (motion sensor?) so that when someone opens the door it records a for a bit so I can see who comes in so that should anything come up missing I have video of possible suspects. I would also like to backup the video to a remote server.
Another idea I had would be to get one of the game cameras hunters use since they are motion activated and only turn it on when I leave but is there a way to have that send pictures/video to a remote server? I want to still have the pictures/video if anyone wee to steal it.
I know I can probably get decent priced infrared camera setups on eBay but past that I do not know how to go about the rest. Please help, thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.