”Status report” (using my Mac for the first 60 days)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13” i5 (2012) , iPhone5 16GB (white), iPhone4 8GB (white), iPad2 64GB 3G, Apple TV
Dear all,

Some 2 months ago I posted a message regarding my switch from Windows (for 17 years) to Mac. Well, let's just say that after these 60 days I am still as happy as I was on day one. I am actually extremely pleased!

The transition to Mac has been very easy.After transferring my files to my new Macbook Pro, I just went ahead with it and never looked back. I didn't even install Parallels or use Bootcamp to run Windows on my Mac (it is really an inferior product anyhow, Windows that is!)

I do have to say that I sincerely love love love love my trackpad, it really makes the difference.

I also love the ”full screen” mode, the multiple desktops (easily accessible with a swipe), and I have been only using Safari for doing my daily web browsing and it just works flawlessly (using the ”share” option on more than one occasion). Also Airplay is great (had to untick a box to get my Mac fullscreen on my LCD), but all my friends were like really impressed.

Notifications just work as they should (Facebook/Twitter/Mail) and the switching between Mail (private accounts) and Outlook (business account) is no hassle at all due to the 3-finger-swipe-up gesture. BUT I would though like to see a ”minimise” gesture using my trackpad to minimise active windows (as I dont like having to constantly click on the orange (-) button.

Installing and updating new apps through the App store is as easy as it can be, and installing apps outside the app store is not difficult either.

The iLife suite is great, very intuitive, and have made several songs using Garageband (and Logic Pro) already, as well as having ”produced” several iMovie videos.

Overall, after 60 days, I can say that the switch from PC to Mac has been extremely easy and without any trouble whatsoever and I love my Macbook Pro's keyboard (the best keyboard I have used) and I am really just so happy to have made the jump!

To any Windows user doubting to make the switch: Try it! You won't regret it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.