Arachnophilia HTML editor and Mac

Reaction score
Hi.

Just made the switch from a lifelong PC user to Mac. I've got a new Macbook Pro.

I've downloaded my favorite html editor, Arachnophilia, but when I configure the browsers, it does not find Firefox (which I have also installed on my mac). I'm not sure where firefox or firefox.exe would be stored so I can have Arachno search that folder.

Any help would be appreciated... AND any suggestions for the best free HTML editor out there would also be helpful (Paid is my last resort, I'm just open to starting over in the Mac community!)

Thanks again!

Marcia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Firefox should not have an .exe suffix for an Mac it should be .dmg. The download should be in your downloads folder. If you have downloaded Firefox with a .exe suffix then delete it and go back to the Mozilla Downloads site and make sure you get the Download for Mac. It should be Firefox.dmg.

OP
M
Reaction score
firefox.dmg

Firefox should not have an .exe suffix for an Mac it should be .dmg. The download should be in your downloads folder. If you have downloaded Firefox with a .exe suffix then delete it and go back to the Mozilla Downloads site and make sure you get the Download for Mac. It should be Firefox.dmg.

Hi - Thanks for the heads up... I checked... it is .dmg. I just don't know where to search in the browser config area of Arachnophilia to find firefox. :(

Marcia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Have you checked in your downloads folder, it should be there.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Unlike Windows or Linux, the executables in OS X is packaged differently. From with Finder, applications just show their icon and execute, but when you actually browse to the /Applications folder using the Terminal or a natively non-Cocoa application, you will see a <Application>.app folder that contains a bunch of files and folders. Somewhere in there is the actual binary..I'm not near my Mac right now, so I can't give you the specific path..perhaps someone else can..

Anyway, since your HTML editor is a Java application, it will need that full path to the Firefox executable and hopefully can execute it for you..

Reaction score
You say it has .dmg. Have you actually installed it? It should be in /Applications if installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.