iMac and more RAM

G

[GF]Burke

Hello!

Was giv'n a "Green Imac". (333, 32MB , 6GIG HDD)

I was trying to find some cheap RAM to slap in. I build a LOT of PC's, and usually buy RAM from Crucial. However, I want to go cheap, and am trying to find the right stuff (PriceWatch).
I Understand I only have one DIMM slot for a new stick. Meaning once I upgrade, I wont be able to ues the 32MB that's in there. is this correct?

Also this thing says it has an ATI vid card. Can i upgrade the video RAM as well?

Im pricewatch'n.. and Ebay'n... just dont want to buy the wrong stuff. My YellowDog Linux is chug'n....

can anybody link me to a stick of 128 (or 64 if i can still use the 32 with the new one -96MB is kewl too) for cheap?

Thanks~
Burke

OP
J

jerodhusvar

Try www.fastermacs.com. I got a 256mb stick for the same machine as you have there from them. I just checked and they have it for $58.99 plus shipping. They ship VERY fast and I was very pleased with their service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.