Bootcamp issues! Please help! :/

Reaction score
Hi I have some problems with my bootcamp.

Apparently windows is recognised when I run it using parallel. But i am unable to run it when i bootcamp. Does anyone know how to resolve the issue without having to erase and reinstall?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 3.39.10 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
When you say " i am unable to run it when i bootcamp". What exactly do you mean by that?

When you restart, holding option to bring up the boot selection what happens? Does the bootcamp partition display? Do you get any error messages?

Did the original bootcamp install go OK? Have you ever successfully booted Windows in bootcamp?

OP
X
Reaction score
Hi! When i hold down option, the screen will show the two disk for me to choose. However, upon selecting windows and pressing enter, it goes on to say that the bootcam cannot be found. If you look at the screen shot that I have attached, the laptop is able to detect that there is another disk, but it is not bootable.

And yes, I have successfully bootcam before. However I changed my motherboard recently and the problem arises. Could it be caused by that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sounds like the Windows bootloader is damaged/corrupt/missing.

You don't say which version of OXS and Windows you have but basically just put your Windows disc in and reboot holding option. Select to boot from the Windows disc and (depending on which version you have) do a repair install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.