iTunes match ????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac air,iPad mini,ipods
Wondering if anyone uses iTunes match? Do you like it ? I do not mind paying a fee to have my large iTunes library available on my iPhone but I cannot figure how many songs I have and if it is under the 25,000 song limit. Also wonder what happens if one has more than the limit?

Bob J

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I use it - and to be perfectly honest - I can't tell if I like it or not. I just haven't really noticed what it's done for me - except made some songs unavailable and added a lot of album art.

The other thing I'm wrestling with is all of my songs remaining in the cloud - even though I've downloaded them to devices. Nothing more frustrating than driving down the road in the boonies - unable to get a song to play because I'm off the grid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Meh. It's useful when I stream music @ work, without it being on my laptop. But I have more than enough disk space not to really worry about it, I may drop it when it comes up for renewal.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
It isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but all-in-all it's worth $25 a year to me to sync music (relatively easy) between 2 iPhones, 2 iPads and 3 Macs.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac air,iPad mini,ipods
How does one determine how many songs they have on iTunes? What happens if that number is over the 25,000 limit on iMatch?

Bob J

C

chas_m

The 25,000 limit refers to non-iTunes purchased songs. So if you buy most of your music from iTunes, then you can hold a great deal more than 25,000 songs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.