Fixing Disk Full

Reaction score
I am new to photoshop and tried saving a color edited image and said"scaratch disk full' and would not save my file, actually it disappeared.

What do I have to do to free up disk space. I have a G5 and am running Tiger OSX

If any one can guide me as to how to fix this problem I would gratly appreciate it.

Much thanks
Bill Bianco

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What do I have to do to free up disk space. I have a G5 and am running Tiger OSX

How about:

- Purchasing an external hard drive?
- Adding a 2nd internal hard disk to your Powermac G5 if you don't have 2 installed already?
- "Burning" some files/documents to CD or DVD…then deleting them from your hard drive?
- Throwing away all the "junk" (we all have it)?
- Using one of the online storage websites like Carbonite?

There ya go…lots of solutions!:)

- Nick

p.s. By the way…do you have all your files backed up? If not…what happens if your hard drives crashes/dies…and you lose all your files forever!!!:( No storage problem then!;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I don't use PS but you could do some system maintenance using the Repair Disk Permissions command in the Disk Utility app.

Here you can also check your HD capacity and begin to think about archiving some images which are probably the worst offenders unless you've imported your music in a big lossless format as well.

Look to attaining 20% 'headroom' on your HD i.e 100 Gb free space on a 500Gb unit.

OP
B
Reaction score
I do have an external hrad drive as a back up. I am starting to think something is wrong with the external hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I do have an external hrad drive as a back up. I am starting to think something is wrong with the external hard drive.

If you are using TIme Machine for your backup it will fill the disk before overwriting the oldest backup. Could that be your problem?

OP
B
Reaction score
Full Disk

Thank you all for your help. When I get back to the office after Sandy, I will try
what everyone suggested.

Again much thanks
Bill Bianco

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Merged threads - no need to split a discussion across multiple threads.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.