MacPro Bootcamp Problem

Reaction score
Hello there!

This is gonna be a very particular problem, Let me explain to you...
( Sorry i'm french, my english isnt the best )

Soo i'm having a MacPro Last generation OSX 10.8.2, 2x 2.4ghz 6-core, 12g RAM.

I'm trying to instal a Windows 7 on my MacPro , i have the official windows CD ( Yes Official ) and when i open Bootcamp it just won't me do anything, i just clic on continue but the windows stay the same ( When i clic on continue , the windows stay the same and i can clic 100x on continue without any change )

So i've called apple, they told me to reinstal my osx with the disk recovery but because i have a RAID HDD i dont have the partition...

So they told me to boot with CMD+ALT+R pushed down to do a web recovery but it didnt do anything... And i have a good internet connection without any firewall and i tryed with multiple internet acces and i awlays have the same problem.

So now what i'm suposed to do ? I didnt find anything on the web for this kind of problem and apple didn't know what to tell me ... They were just like: Hmmmmmm Can you bring it at the store ?! ....

So if you guys can give me some advice it can be very appreciated ...

Thanks a lot!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know exactly what's going on but I do know that you can not use Boot Camp on a RAID setup. Rather than destroy the RAID, why don't you install Windows 7 using virtual machine software? Unless you really need the graphics acceleration provided by a Boot Camp dual boot, you might find that Windows 7 will run quite well from a VM. You can choose VMWare (my choice), Parallels, or the free VirtualBox from Oracle.

OP
T
Reaction score
I've already try Parallels but it's not enough effective for me.

I dont get enough performance so that's why i want to use Bootcamp.

I'm i better to just destroy my RAID ?
I was thinking about it ...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Destroying the RAID setup is your choice. If you need to use Boot Camp, then that's really your only option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.